Turning Data Security into a Social Responsibility: Digital Boardroom
27 April 2021
11:00 am - 12:30 pm
Zoom – BST
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS MEETING IS IN: BRITISH SUMMER TIME (BST).
Individually tailored learning & networking experience for Heads of eCommerce, Customer Data, Digital, Content & CX; Digital Marketing Directors; Chief Digital and Data Officers..
Many retailers have both enhanced and expanded their digital presence in the last year leveraging many brilliant technologies in their digital strategy to accelerate growth. This acceleration in digital growth has also increased the customer data being collected and utilised across organisations and most commonly is housed or shared between multiple systems and departments. This evolution has been mirrored in the workforce; specifically many teams and employees have been working from home for the last year, remotely accessing company information and data on multiple devices and networks. This evolution has often created a lack of control and oversight which is needed. Although many employees have a high level of security awareness this is often not enough to prevent behaviors that can have a negative impact. It is reported that 81% of data breaches are caused by poor credential management through often innocent behaviours such as sharing passwords or devices. Retail members realise they have a social responsibility when it comes to security – both in terms of employees and also as the guardians of customer data so security cannot be an afterthought.
If this boardroom focus is a top priority for you book now to request to join the discussion. Once you have selected to join, and your request is accepted, you will receive a notification in “My Notifications” in your profile confirming your booking!
Following this acceptance a member of The Retail Hive team will reach out to schedule some time in your diary to understand more about your specific needs and send you the calendar invite with all the details you need.
You can review all your meetings and status of your bookings in “My Meetings” on your profile page.
Each “Digital Boardroom” will take place on Zoom and promises to:
- Dig deep into a single business issue through interactive discussion with your peer group.
- Deliver a focused 60-90 minutes from 11-12:30 so you can fit it around your other commitments.
- Cap participation at 6-8 participants to ensure genuine interaction and free-flowing discussion.
- Operate under the Chatham House Rule so you can be sure of a safe environment in which to share your challenges.
Topics of discussion include:
- How has your team’s working environment changed in the last 12 months?
- What’s your current oversight of this?
- Who has access to what and when?
- What impact has this had on workflows and efficiency?
- What challenges has this created in terms of accessing systems/data?
- What are the current control mechanisms that are in place?
- How are effective are they?
- Where are they falling short?
- What is the current security culture across the organisation?